Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Ride to Sikkim and Bhutan 2200KM - Part 10

The next morning we were deciding where to go original plan was to go to Zero point and Chumgthang Valley via Lachung but I was not feeling well and decided against it. I asked the other two to go to Lachung while I waited at Chungthang till they return. Once they are back we would set on our journey towards Jaigaon last village in India enroute to Bhutan. There was one more point of concern our permits for North Sikkim were expiring the same day. It was known that we had to get out of North Sikkim i.e go past check-post at Mangan before permit expires. But we decided against it we reached Chungthang where I took up a hotel even Vishal decided he too was feeling feverish and so he stayed back. Raman unloaded his luggage and went ahead alone for Zero Point. The two of us immediately took to bed after taking some tablets. At around late morning or early afternoon we woke up and went in search of a doctor. we found a government hospital but there was no one there. We waited for someone to arrive, as we waited we looked around we found separate rooms for male and female patients there were some patients lying on beds with no one neither doctors nor relatives around. Some workers came by we found that it was lunch time so no one was there we still waited. A lady arrived she looked a little mentally unstable so we did not initiate any conversation with her. She set down besides the door threw of some clothes and then asked us are you waiting for the doctor. We said yes pretty surprised and amused too. She said they are having lunch at a nearby hospital and she offered to go and get them to the hospital. She left and soon arrived with four ladies 2 nurses one probable matron and one doctor they were in their uniforms. Also to be noted both me and Vishal skipped a beat as the doctor and the nurses were young and beautiful ladies.
The doctor asked us if we had been to Gurudongmar after we replied in the affirmative she immediately concluded its just because of the lack of oxygen that we were not feeling well and would soon get better with some rest. But I insisted on getting my BP checked and it was found that it was on the higher side. But the doc assured it was not alarming and could be treated when we reach back to Bombay. She gave a prescription and said to get it from the market as the hospital was out of it. We left thanking the doctors even the nurses followed out. The nurses went into a local shop for chit chatting :-). We headed back to our hotel on the way we tried finding a PCO but none was found. I saw a hoarding specifying internet was available at the govt office. I asked Vishal if he wanted to come along he wasnt keen so I moved on alone. I found it after some proper directions by locals. A girl was using the only pc with working net connection. She asked me if I wanted to use it I said yes and then went on to send mails to my folks. Also updated my status on FB and then left the place after paying 20 bucks for half an hour. It was good that I could update my status to my folks as we were out of coverage for past 3 days. A travel advisory if traveling in this parts get a BSNL sim card for your mobile as these are the only ones which work here. I came back and then hit the bed again we both woke up late afternoon and went hunting for food downstairs the only thing we could lay our hand was on maggi we had some and then went back to the rooms. I still wasn't feeling any better so after playing some time with my mobile I slept again so did Vishal. Later in the evening Raman arrived back it was decided it was too late to venture out now as soon it would get dark. So now all three of us slept together. We got up after some time and headed again in search of dinner we were directed by some locals to a hotel where we managed to get rice, dal and eggs we ate as much we could then we had a chat with some locals whom Raman had befriended. The guy had a shop stocked with booze his son was wearing a superman costume and playing around. Soon we head back and hit the bed. Tomorrow we head towards Bhutan

To Be contd....

No comments:

Post a Comment